Rapid Deployment Booms
- Most rapid boom deployment, fully automatic. Just pull into the water for immediate containment of spills.
- Available in a wide range of heavy-duty PVC and PU coated fabrics
- No moving springs or parts that can rust or fail to operate
- Boom hoops are field replaceable in the event of damage
- Internal bulkheads ensure boom will not sink in the event of puncture
- Corrosion resistant ASTM style marine grade aluminum connectors
- Heavy duty galvanized steel ballast chain
- Custom sizes available
- Compact storage ratios (10:1) in specially designed storage and deployment containers or carry bags.
Boom Type: Curtain, Self-Inflatable
Recommended Conditions: To Moderate Ocean
Canadyne FlashBoom is a rapidly self-inflating, rapid response emergency deployment curtain type boom. The flotation chamber is cylindrical, and retains its shape and stability by incorporating a series of semi-rigid, lightweight hoops spaced on equal intervals throughout the length of the boom. Rugged one-way inflation check valves are spaced along the top of the flotation chamber. Simple tension during deployment causes the boom to expand and automatically self-inflate.